FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
The center and our therapy
What are the features of a good addiction treatment center? Check out the following questions about the center and therapy.
1. What kind of therapy does the addiction center offer?
Our addiction therapy uses only the most effective methods of fighting addictions, combining the beneficial effects of classic psychotherapy with work on the body and on the spiritual realm through yoga and meditation. We also use Animal Assisted Therapy, i.e. therapy involving animals. We take advantage of the benefits of science, drawing inspiration from the latest therapeutic techniques whose effectiveness has been confirmed multiple times; among others, we implement the following:
- behavioral and cognitive training in problem-solving skills,
- motivational dialogue,
- learning about emotions and ways of dealing with them.
You can learn more about therapy methods here.
2. How long is the treatment period in the addiction treatment center?
The basic therapy lasts 2 weeks. It is possible to extend it for another 2 weeks.
3. Can family members also count on the support of specialists from the center?
Yes, our specialists are going to contact relatives regularly via video and phone calls.
4. What should a guest take with them when going to an addiction treatment center?
Guests leaving for a place like a treatment center for alcohol and other addictions should take the following items to therapy: sportswear, toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), beach towel, swimsuit and comfortable sports shoes.
5. Can I use a mobile phone and WiFi?
A mobile phone and WiFi can be used at scheduled times.
6. I would like to put my loved one in the center, what is the admission procedure and what is the drug treatment?
7. What if the patient wants to stop treatment?
8. How to convince an addict to start therapy?
It is important not to force a person with addiction to do anything. They must feel the need for change themselves. Forcing an addicted person to start treatment arouses aggression in them. It is helpful not to facilitate the use of the substance. The sooner a person abusing the substance suffers the consequences of their actions, and the more serious these consequences are – the better, and the faster they will be likely to notice the problem and start treatment. Let an addicted person bear the consequences of abuse. That is how we can save their life!
9. Is anything forbidden?
10. Is anybody going to pick me up from the airport?
Yes, we pick up our guests directly from the Palermo and Trapani airports. We organize transport from Catani.
11. Does the price of therapy include the flight from Poland to Sicily?
No, the plane ticket is not included. The cost of the ticket is an additional several hundred zlotys, but we help our guests find the most convenient flight.
12. Is smoking allowed at the center?
Yes, in designated areas.
13. What does a typical day at the center look like?
You will find more information on this subpage.
14. Do I need to take out health insurance for the period of stay at the center?
If you do not have National Health Fund insurance, it is recommended to take out health insurance for the duration of your stay at the center.
15. What is the treatment at the Addiction Therapy Center about?
Treatment at the Addiction Therapy Center is primarily about making a person with addiction aware that the problem is the state of mind that leads to abuse rather than substance abuse itself. During the therapy, we provide tools that let the participant effectively attain inner peace and organize their own inner life. We also teach how to breathe and relax properly. Together with the guest, we find their own methods for dealing with crisis situations. We focus on a healthy diet and habits. We strive to show new ways that lead to a happy life without the use of psychoactive substances.
16. Is a 2-week therapy effective? Therapy usually lasts 4 weeks.
Yes, it is. In our center, addiction therapy is conducted very intensively and, most importantly, in small groups of up to 9 people. Therefore, we can work very effectively. During the 14-day stay, guests spend 40 hours taking part in official therapy, about 40 hours practicing yoga, and another 40 hours doing other activities together. A large part of addiction treatment also takes place outside therapy, for instance during homely conversations on the beach, while using hot springs or by the fireplace. The staff of the center: Paweł Durakiewicz, a therapist and a yoga instructor, are available round the clock.
We work, eat meals and spend free time together; we learn from each other. All this translates into the effectiveness of our therapy.
17. Is it possible to visit the center without having to undergo therapy?
Yes. As part of our offer, we have also created an option of stay without the requirement to participate in group therapy. This option includes other activities, though.
More information can be found in the “Activities and daily schedule” tab.
18. Is it possible to come with my dog/cat?
Yes, you can bring your pet to the Addiction Treatment Center.
19. I would like to come to the addiction treatment center; what is the admission procedure?
Please contact us by phone or email. The decision on admission depends on the availability of places for a given period of stay and the personal desire to take part in the therapy.
20. Can I leave the addiction treatment center on my own during therapy?
With the consent of the staff, it is possible to leave the addiction therapy center on your own, starting from the 4th day.